Monday, June 13, 2011

Happiness

Today was just one of those days where you wish you were unconscious throughout the whole day but the things that were supposed to happen, happened while you were unconscious. Does that make sense? I hope it does. Anyway, so 80% of today was not so good. I didn't get much sleep last night and then I didn't have a very good day today.

Tonight, my mom and I got talking which I love doing. My mom and I get on the most awesome topics ever. She told me that I should learn to be happy with myself before letting another guy into my life. I loved how she said that. I need to be like the girl off Eat Pray Love. I need to just be with me for a while. Think about things I've never thought of before. Go on adventures. Meditate. Become more closer to my Heavenly Father. Things like that.

I really don't want to have the worries of "Does he like me?" or "Will he ask me on a date?" It should be more about what I want in my life and who I want to be. The character that I want to be is what I will be working on for now. I encourage you to do the same. It's nice to meditate for a while each day. I watch the stars at night for at least a half an hour. I love it. Have one of those calming, relaxing moments every day of your life. It'll make your day better. Trust me. :)

2 comments:

kaye said...

Wise decision, Emily. It's important to be best you can be, even if it's alone. You'll never be alone for long if you are a woman of integrity and character. Many good things come to those who are patient and content with their lot in life.

D-Muffin said...

Hey, thanks for the advice. I think it would be a good idea for me to meditate.