Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Temple
















I had the opportunity to go to the Salt Lake Temple on Tuesday with the youth and do baptisms for the . I haven't been to the temple in a really long time cause I've been busy with work and school things.

So When I got to the church to meet the youth there was a young women and a young men that it would be there first time in the temple doing baptisms. It just kind of put me in a flashback of when I went to the temple for the first time. I remember I was so nervous and that I left my socks on when I went in the water (for those of you who know what I'm talking about) My dad was the first one to do baptisms for the with me.

I rode with a leader and two beehives and one of the beehives was the whose first time was that day so I talked to her a little bit about what happens and what you have to do and stuff like that. She was so nervous but she wanted to do it again after she did the whole process. We went to McDonald's and had stuff off the dollar menu. It was a fun time and I love going to the temple. I can't wait til I can go to the temple to get married with my partner who is worthy to enter the temple and be sealed to me forever.

1 comment:

Denise said...

I am not sure why, but in the Alberta Temple, you have to leave your socks on to do baptisms, even in the font.

They are very adamant that you keep your socks on.