Monday, September 22, 2008

...

So today I donated for my very first time. I was so nervous but I had my friends with me so I was pretty good while i was in the chair and all. I drank lots and lots of water during my classes and I had a pretty good lunch before going to donate. My friends (Shelby, Steph, Benji, Trevor, and Brittney) went together to donate at the same time. We had to read a book about donating which was quite boring lol then we had to wait...and wait....and wait some more. Once I finally got done waiting and my questions I was in the chair. I had Shelby to my right and Benji to my left. I was glad that they were there.

The guy that was taking my would ask me questions and tell me what he was going to do at the moment. He looked really young like maybe mid 20's and I was just kind of shocked that he was doing this stuff at such a young age. anywho, I was talking to him for a little bit and I read his name tag and started laughing. Shelby was getting a little dizzy and so I told her what I was laughing about. I said "Hey Shelbs, look at the guys name thats helping you with the donation" she was too dizzy that she just asked me "what's his name?" and I said "Edward" :) Now I'm gonna say something here....For those of you that have read Twilight you will know exactly why I was laughing. Edward....Vampire....blood. haha good times. I just wanted to share that with you and say that Edward took my :) I feel so lucky. I asked him if he gets that alot and he said "Yup. Every school I go to I get that." I was laughing pretty hard.

So it took a total of 22 minutes for me to get the pouch filled with my . Usually it would take 5 to 7 minutes but Edward said that my vein was wobbly and so I was pumping for 22 minutes...my hand was soo tired afterwards. But I felt good after cause I just thought to myself "I saved a life today"

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

oh sister kitty...edward? you guys are so obsessed! But that is pretty ironic! Poor guy...he's going to quit the profession now!
22 minutes?!? Mine only took 6! woot woot!