Wednesday, February 10, 2010

New Roommate


I feel so bad that I haven't kept up with my blog. I do have time to update it. I just forget. I really want you all to know whats going on in my life.


So I got a new roommate this semester. Melanie moved to a different dorm but she's not that far away. She just moved into the dorm behind me. She visits often so I haven't lost touch with her. My new roommate is awesome. Her name is Zenobia. She's 26. She's from Hong Kong, China. She also served a mission in Hong Kong. She is a convert to the church. She's been a member for over 7 years. She is engaged to a guy named Sebastian. He's from Spain. He's actually the son of the ambassador of Spain. Kinda cool huh? They will be getting married in August and she has asked me to be her bridesmaid. I'm so excited for her and Sebastian. He's going to be coming over in April for General Conference. Zenobia teaches me so many new things. She has been such an awesome influence on me. I have become such good friends with her and with others because of her.


School is going good. I am taking 15 credits this semester so it's not too bad. I'm taking Education 1010 with a lab, Math 1010, Mass Media, P.E, Convocations, History 1700 and of course Institute. My classes are going good. My Ed 1010 lab has been pretty fun. I go to Ephraim Elementary every Monday and Wednesday and work with a kindergarten class for about an hour. They are so funny. The first day I was in the class, the teacher introduced me and one of the students said "Thats my sister!" Now obviously I don't live in Ephraim and I don't have a younger sister so the kids would come up to me and ask me if I'm someones older sister. I would politely have to tell them no. I've been having so much fun with the kids. I can't wait til I'm actually teaching kids.


I get to go home this weekend. I'm so excited to go home and be with my parents again. I feel like I haven't been home for a long time. It's been about a month since I came home last. I just miss being at home. I love school, don't get me wrong, it's just that sometimes school can get kind of boring and home would be the fun place for a while.


Well, I'll try and update my blog more than I have in the last 6 months. Peace out!


P.S. The picture is of all of us having dinner for the first time with Zenobia. :D

No comments: