Sunday, July 18, 2010

McDonald's

Pretty much my life is McDonald's. All I do is work. I've been working there for almost a month and I'm working 30+ hours a week which is good for me for Snow this fall. It's been going good though. There are people there that aren't LDS of course which is what I was expecting. There are some people that annoy me very badly but I keep that to myself. One of the biggest things that I don't like about working at McDonald's is that my co-workers talk behind each others backs to me. I don't talk about anyone in a bad way when I work there but it just bugs me when other people do it. But I meet the funniest, weirdest, meanest (is that really a word?) people that come into McDonald's

The nicest guy that comes in every day is a guy named Bob. He lives just a few minutes away from McDonald's. He comes in and all the workers at McDonald's know him. He either comes in for lunch or breakfast but he's so awesome and nice. He actually remembers Vanessa when she used to work there. Every time he comes in he always ask how Vanessa is doing. I called Vanessa the other day and talked to him about Bob and we had some good laughs about him.

The meanest people I've seen is I was doing pick up which is where you pick up your food in the drive thru and so this lady wanted an extra drink when she was picking up her order so I told her to pull forward and that I would bring it out to her so I got the drink and I walked out there and because she wanted an extra drink, she'd have to pay for it so I gave her the drink and said the total and she started swearing at me and saying that she shouldn't pay. She gave me back the drink and sped off. A DRINK! She swears at me for giving her the drink and she didn't want to pay. What is the world coming to? seriously...

We have garbage receptacles that say "Thank You" when you put trash in there. Well we get people that come in that are fascinated with the fact that it is automatic and that it says "Thank You". I've actually had guys record the whole process on their phone or video camera. IT'S JUST A TRASH CAN! haha

This weekend I had my friend and roommate this fall, Victoria Tuakimoana (call me and try saying the last name haha), stayed with me for a farewell today. We actually went to the Drive-In in Erda (good ol' Erda) and watched Eclipse and Letters to Juliet! They are both really good movies! I've seen Eclipse already before but I hadn't seen Letters to Juliet and it was really cute! Definitely a chick flick but good :) Today we went to one of my college friends mission farewells. Spencer Jensen is going to the Lima, Peru mission. He's going to be such a good missionary. Lucky for me, he lives in Erda. We went to his house afterwards for lunch and chatting with a bunch of my friends from Snow. :) It was a good day today.

Mom and Grandma are in Canada. It's so weird that mom is gone. I'm so used to her being around the house. But she deserves a break. :) I'm sure she will be having lots of fun in Canada this week with Aunt Kaye and Uncle Gary.

No comments: