Wednesday, February 9, 2011

P.S. I Love You


For those of you who haven't seen this movie or who have had someone very special leave you whether by death or by some other way, this movie will help you so much with moving on and letting go.

I had an experience that some of you already know about. About a year and a half ago, my best friend left me. He completely cut off all communication between us. It was one of the hardest things that has happened me to in my life. This was less than a month before I came to Snow College for my first year. I struggled for a while. At first was pretty bad but the pain and sadness that I felt gradually decreased. My roommate at the time named Melanie and my good friend Dani wanted to watch this movie and I had never seen it. I watched it with them and all these memories flooded back about my best friend and I. I felt what she was feeling. Scared. Nervous. Lonely. Towards the end of the movie there's a part where she doesn't feel her husband anymore. (yeah kind of confusing but watch it and you'll understand) At that time, things became easier for me in letting go of him and moving on.

Yes, that was a year and a half ago. I'm such a stronger person now then I was back then. I've learned so much from that experience and I've grown when it comes to dating. I have had ups and downs just like any other person but I've dealt with it more maturely now. This movie is one of my favorites because of how I overcame my depression of my best friend leaving me. It has very personal meaning to me and I'm going to own a copy of it one day. haha Thanks to one of my good friends who has an awesome name and an awesome birthday (yeah her name is Emalee and her birthday is May 30th...like mine. cool huh?) for letting me borrow the movie for a while. Thanks for reading this post. Please comment if you'd like.

P.S. I Love You

2 comments:

Michelle Kelly said...

Emily, this is one of my favorite movies because of the message it sends. Plus I love Gerard Butler as an actor. It's amazing how connected you can become to a movie because of the message. So glad it helped you.

Gayle J. Randall said...

I don't think I've ever seen this movie. It sounds good. I'd love to see it sometime. I'm proud of you for all you are learning.