Thursday, August 20, 2009

Finally at Snow!

So I finally moved in and got all situated. I've been here for almost a week. It's been so much fun but so different. My roommates are awesome. Their names are Melanie, Sheridan, and Alaina. I share a room with Melanie. Sheri and Alaina have their own rooms. I've met a lot of people here in the past few days. I have made some good friends that are living in the same hall as me. It's really different being on your own now and making choices for yourself and having to feed yourself and do laundry and stuff. It's a good habit though.

While moving on into the college life, It's still hard losing Shaun as a friend. I think about him often. Wondering what he's doing, if he's still active in the church, wondering if he thinks about me. It's sad not talking to him. I've never had this happen to me before so I really don't know how I'm going to move on with this. I've prayed for him and I've read my scriptures and all. It's hard losing a friend. One day your chatting away having a fun time and the next your never talking again. It still hurts. It's been 2 weeks since he said that to me. I hope in the near future he'll talk to me again.

My classes are a lot of fun. I'm taking English 2010, Math 0970, Human Development, Interpersonal Communications, and the History of Rock and Roll. It's a lot to do when you have homework in every class. Lots of study time. It's only the 2nd day today and I'll get used to this eventually. I'm pretty excited for my History of Rock and Roll class. There are about 90 people in that class and we're just going to be talking about different people and groups that were popular in Rock from 1950's to now. We're going to be listening to a lot of music as well.

2 comments:

Gayle J. Randall said...

Have a great time at college! Enjoy every moment. It's the only time in eternity where you will be responsible for just you. It should be a good time and a learning time. You will have wonderful memories of all the good times in college. I'm a little envious! You'll also have really challenging times, but they make the good times even sweeter.

Kaye said...

College times are good times, at least mostly. I hope the laptop is working for you and that you could find a new cord to charge it.