Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Snow College


It's been a few months since my last blog. I guess I should try to keep up with things so you all can be updated. I move down to Snow a week from Saturday. I'm so excited/nervous/scared and ready for it. I found out who my roommates are and lucky for me they are all LDS. 2 of my roommates roomed together last year at Snow Hall so they know each other pretty well. I found out who I'm sharing my room with and her name is Melanie. I've been talking to her the past few days and we have so much in common. We both love to sing, we're both Altos, we both like the same kind of music, we both are not clean freaks (which is going to be a major problem) and we have a lot in common when it comes to past relationships. I think her and I are going to get along so well which is good for me. I think it would be very difficult to have someone else lol. So I've been packing and getting things ready for Snow.

I got my patriarchal blessing on Sunday. the only thing I can say about that is WOW! It was an amazing experience. :D I had my patriarchal blessing done in the morning so I had the spirit with me all day that day. It felt so good to just be carefree and know that Heavenly Father loves you and has blessings for you in store if I stick to living worthily and sharing the gospel. :D I think it was one of the most spiritual experiences I've had so far in my life. I know that my patriarchal blessing will help me in college. If I just read it once a month, I will live a better life.

I made my college quilt finally. It didn't take me too long. I think it was a total of 3 weeks to do the whole thing. It's a pretty big quilt but I know it'll keep me warm during the winter at Snow. My title of the quilt is "Crazy for Dots and Stripes". This is my third quilt I've made and I'm taking my other 2 quilts with me to Snow as well. I also found out that my roommate Melanie also has a college quilt. That's another amazing thing we have in common. :D

3 comments:

Michelle Kelly said...

Hey Emily, sorry to hear about you and Shaun. If it's meant to be it will work out. Good luck at Snow!! You will love it. Some of the best times in my life were at snow.

Gayle J. Randall said...

Love the quilt, Emily! You are continuing in the footsteps of your mother and grandmother (and aunts, of course!) You are growing up and growing wiser. Time will tell what is best for you and Shaun. I think it's wise to have time to discover what the future holds for both of you by being free to make lots of other friends. Have a wonderful time at college! Some of my fondest memories are college memories. I still think of them all these years later! Keep blogging so we can see how much fun you're having!

Kaye said...

Have fun, Emily! College is one of those times that's both fun and hard, but the fun is, well, very fun! I think you made the right choice about Shaun. Just go and "embrace your liberty".