Friday, August 13, 2010

Root Canal

So about a week ago I got a root canal done on my tooth plus getting 2 cavities filled. I've had a root canal before but it was an awful experience with lots of pain involved. So while I was getting a check up done before the root canal I told the lady that I was very nervous because of the last root canal and she said "We can put you on Nitrus if you would like." and I immediately said yes! They put this nose tube over my nose and she just told me to breathe through my nose and out through my mouth which I did the entire time. The dentist was really nice about making sure I wasn't feeling any pain.

During the surgery I become very tired and sleepy because of the laughing gas I was on. About every 10 to 20 minutes the dentist would ask me if I was doing okay with the gas and what he was doing which I was fine with the whole time. I told my mom afterwards what the dentist and assistant were talking about during the process and I honestly don't think she believes me. haha They talked about flirting, plumbing and I swear the assistant said "monkey face"! The whole process went really well which made me happy. Mom was there the whole time cause she was worried that something would happen. After getting taken off the laughing gas I became very dizzy which is normal and so I had to hold on to my mom for a while before feeling better and seeing straight. It was a very fun experience for me because it's probably the best I've ever felt in a while when it comes to drugs. haha

So I only have a week left of summer before I move back down to school. I'm very excited about it but at the same time don't want to leave home. I love having my parents buy the groceries and not having to pay rent or anything. but I am excited to live on my own again and meet new people. It will be weird not seeing Sheri, Alaina, Ryan Makaiwi, Brad, Daniel, Nick and Chris around but I'm very excited to make new friends and have new adventures come my way.

No comments: