Sunday, August 1, 2010

The Things I've Learned This Summer

I've learned so much this summer. Time has flown by that I feel like I need a little more summer to get everything done.

Here are some things that I've learned this summer.

Gaining a Brother-in-law: I had the new experience of having one of my siblings to get married. It was a little bit weird at first but Danny is like a brother to me now. He is such an awesome guy who loves life and likes making the most of it. I am so happy for Vanessa and Danny for getting married in the temple. I love having a brother-in-law and I hope that I will get a sister-in-law sometime soon.

Crocheting: Mom told me before the summer started that she was going to teach me how to crochet. At first I wasn't very excited to learn it but it's actually quite fun. My first project with crocheting was a pot holder. We found some soft yarn and I got the pot holder finished within a week or so. My next project was an Afghan. I was very excited about it because I could use it down at Snow during the winter cause it gets really cold down there. I had the colors match my quilt that I made last year. I got the whole afghan done in a month and a half. I don't know what my next project will be but I'm thinking a sweater or something. If you have any ideas, let me know.

McDonald's: I was jobless for about a month and a half before McDonald's hired me. I think a big thank you goes to Vanessa for previously working there and being a good worker there. It's been tough working there but I am very happy and very blessed to have a job for a while til I go back to Snow. There are some interesting people that you meet while working there but I try my best at the job and I try to get along with everyone.

Quiet Time: Being home with my parents has given me more time to myself. I have had some struggles with some things that have been on my mind the last year and by having some quiet time to myself, I've had the peace that I've been wanting for a long time. I've become closer to my Heavenly Father and to the Holy Ghost because I've just taken time out of my day to just listen and have one-on-one with Heavenly Father.

Missionaries: As most of you know, my Aunt Gayle and Uncle Scott came home from their 2nd couples mission in Kenya. It was so good to see them again and I am lucky that they will only be half an hour away from Snow. Also we have Elder Garner coming home this week. For me, time has flown by when it comes to Eric's mission. I'm so excited to get to see him and talk to him (probably next summer). While I was at Snow, I met a lot of amazing guys. A lot of them are going or are already on their missions. I am so proud of all my guy friends and some girl friends for making that choice to go on a mission. One that I'm very proud of is my roommate Alaina. She is such an amazing friend to me. She has an awesome testimony of the church and I'm so excited for her as she'll be serving the people of The Philippines. I have been thinking about serving a mission but I am going to worry about it after I graduate from Snow.

These are some of the things that I've learned or have watched happen this summer. It was a really good summer. It's gone by so fast and I hope next summer I will experience more than I had this summer. If you are reading this, maybe you could do the same on your blog by sharing with your friends and family the things you have done or learned this summer.

No comments: